What Is Data Entry?
There are many different ways to make a living from work online sites. One of the most common ways to make money online is to do data entry work from home. Data entry is simply the input of information or data into a system for a company. It general requires the input of data in the form of either alpha or numeric. Many online data entry companies will require previous experience before getting hired, while others may offer an opportunity to get hired without prior data entry experience. It is, however, recommended to have at least a little bit of experience before applying for jobs to be able to do data entry work from home. You can get hired by a company as an independent contractor, or you can also choose to work as a freelance data entry worker through sites such as Fiverr.
Similar to other work from home opportunities such as transcription work from home, data entry will also provide workers with many benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- The flexibility to create your own work schedule.
- The ability to be able to schedule vacations and events around your work.
- The freedom to be able to spend more time with family.
- The ability to stay home with your children and cut down on or eliminate daycare costs.
How Do I Get Paid From Data Entry?
When you get hired by as a work from home data entry operator, you will be considered an independent contractor. Working as an independent contractor, there will be no set salary or hourly wage that you will get paid. Work from home data entry operators most commonly get paid per keystroke or per word that they type. Therefore the faster that you can type, the more money that you will be able to make from data entry work from home. If you have previous typing experience such as with transcription or with freelance writing, you will likely have a faster typing speed. If you do not have previous typing experience, it is best to practice with typing tests on your own before applying for data entry jobs.
How Do I Find Legitimate Data Entry Work From Home?
Unfortunately just like many other work from home opportunities, there are also some data entry jobs that are scams. It is often difficult to tell which data entry jobs are scams, but if they are offering an unrealistic payment about, it is often a scam. A lot of these types of companies request for you to enter your credit card information. If you come across these types of companies, you will be able to tell that it is not a legitimate data entry job, as reputable data entry companies will not request for you to make a payment to get hired.
Where Can I Find The Best Data Entry Jobs?
There are many sites that offer online data entry jobs. Some are just strictly for data entry while others may include customer support, tech support, and transcription services among others.
- Clickworker– Clickworker is well known for hiring data entry workers. They are also known for hiring freelance writers.
- Fiverr– Fiverr has become a very popular site to find data entry work.
- Capital Typing– Find data entry work at Capital Typing. Capital Typing also hires for transcription work from home.
- Axion Data Services– Earn a good income as you receive payment on a per piece basis.
- DionData Solutions– Get hired as a data entry operator on a part time basis.
- Gorge Warehouse– Offers a very flexible work schedule. They prefer experience with Word, Excel, and Access.
- Working Solutions– A call center that also hires for data entry work.
- The Smart Crowd– Offers weekly payments by cheque.
- TDEC– Offers data entry work in their officers as well as data entry work from home.
- Microworkers– Hires for many micro tasks including data entry as well as online surveys.
- Xerox– They have over 8000 home based employees that complete work including data entry, customer care, and tech support.
If you are looking for an opportunity to make money online, data entry work from home is a great way to get started. While some companies require previous experience in data entry, there are many that may offer on the job training or no previous experience.
Looking for other ways to make money from home?